Friday, September 30, 2016

Weekend Update - 9/30/16

This has been a historical week for me. For the first time in at least the past 3 years I do not have anything (that we know of) growing inside me that the doctors are discussing whether or not they need to treat and or remove. I am a happy happy man. I am now surgery free for the foreseeable future. I am now recovering and waiting for the divot in my neck to fill in. I am still a little sore and am limited in neck movement. No driving for me quite yet. Yes, to answer some of your questions, I am following directions. I am being responsible. I feel ………. happy? relieved? hopeful? ………all of these and more. Still have a little anesthesia brain. Of course my medications are being re-evaluated and changes are afoot. All of this should work to my advantage. I am really looking forward to this. A special thank you to the folks who provided transport and visited me during this last hospital stay and to all of those who let me know they were thinking of me. This was a continued reminder that I cannot, and do not, walk this journey alone and that I am never alone. I am looking forward to seeing my oncologist again soon and to continue to get good news from my care team. Please note that this last surgery and followup will add to my medical bills. Things are stretched more than ever at this time so I am asking all to please share my story once again emphasizing that no amount is too small and that $10.00 - $20.00 is better than $0 dollars. A continuing big “THANK YOU” to all who have and continue to share their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. Your time and gifts are, as always, greatly appreciated and needed. I so look forward to the day when I do not need to ask for assistance. This continues to be a very humbling experience. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek And read my blog at: riksjourney.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment