Friday, September 23, 2016

Weekend Update - 9/23/16

This week I have continued in “pre-surgery mode”. I continue to do my walking/“exercising” so I am in the best possible shape for my Completion Thyroidectomy, possible Parathyroid Autograft surgery on this coming Tuesday morning. Or in my words …. Out Damn Thingys. It continues to be a bit surreal to be looking at the end of surgical visits to the hospital as this has been my reality for the past two and a half years. The good thing about this is I know I will be OK afterwards. Well, as OK as anyone can be after undergoing surgery. I do expect a positive outcome with outstanding future results. I must also share that I have once again been reminded this week of certain physical issues and limitations. It has been Mr. Nasty time a couple of times this week. (Yes I said it. I am feeling it.) I am so grateful I am around to experience these as well as to complain/talk about them. I am a very fortunate human being to have the people in my life I do. Without you folks I would not be here. It is as simple as that. The hours of “mental floss” gifted to me as you have continued to listen to me along with the patience you have shown me …. I do acknowledge and am most humbly grateful for. I know there are challenges ahead and I look forward with positive expectations to meeting them. Please note: That particular financial “ouch” of the medication “donut hole” continues. Things are still stretched more than ever at this time so I am asking all to please share my story once again emphasizing that no amount is too small and that $10.00 - $20.00 is better than $0 dollars. A continuing big “THANK YOU” to all who have and continue to share their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. Your time and gifts are, as always, greatly appreciated and needed. I so look forward to the day when I do not need to ask for assistance. This continues to be a very humbling experience. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek

No comments:

Post a Comment