Friday, September 9, 2016

Weekend Update - 9/9/16

Two big events this week. The first is that I will talk with my surgeon early next week about the step(s) I need to take in regards to my thyroid. As far as I am concerned, hopefully none………..more will be revealed. A friend asked me how I feel. I will let you know next week. The other big event this week was going to my prostate cancer support group. The amount of information regarding the range of treatment alternatives can be over whelming. Good and necessary information but I have to sift through it to see what may apply to me now as well as to what may apply to me in the future. This was a reminder for me that I must not become lazy in taking good care of myself and staying informed about what current and future treatments are out there. A reminder to all the men folk to get to their doctors and have your prostate checked and get a PSA test. Did you know that African-American men are two times more likely to develop prostate cancer than any other race and they are much more likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer than any other type of cancer? I encourage all men folk to educate themselves about this disease and share this information with family and friends. I am beginning to feel the financial insanity of being in the “donut hole” in regards to my medications. The cost of all of them has risen significantly, if not astronomically in some cases. The diabetes meds and supplies costs are out of control. The cost of a medication I must take to deal with the radiation proctitis is also quite insane. Life goes on and I am still grateful for the gift of perception. I am doing very well indeed compared to others. A continuing big “THANK YOU” to all who have shared their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. Your time and gifts are, as always, greatly appreciated and needed. I so look forward to the day when I do not need to ask for assistance. This continues to be a very humbling experience. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek

No comments:

Post a Comment