Friday, May 6, 2016

Weekend Update - 5/6/16

If I have learned anything this past week it is that I cannot do this on my own. Without the love, support and patience of those close to me I would not be here now. Over the past couple of weeks I have clearly found out I do not have it “going on”. My world became almost a complete blindspot and what I was seeing was tinted heavily with fear, regret and self pity. In my mind I was standing on a hilltop looking out at the world seeing all there is to see, but in reality I was standing in a dark room facing a corner with no door or window in sight. It is good to be facing away from the corner. Call it depression/PTSD or whatever I am finding this is also another effect of living with cancer. I have had an ultrasound done on my thyroid and neck and while I believe everything will be fine (I have pulled my medical degree out of the closet) ………… more will be revealed in a few days. The waiting begins yet again. As I have been directed to do it is time for me to “do” and not just get around to it. No more “waiting” until the time is right, the planets line up or my physical condition is “OK” enough to “do”. My sincere thanks again to all who have and are sharing this journey with me. As this is my birthday week I am very conscious of the fact that this is my second “extra” birthday. To my doctor at Emory ….. THANK YOU for not believing in no win scenarios. Time for me to go out into the world and “do”. Once again … in closing, the reality of my financial situation continues to be what it is…. not good. I am asking all to give what you can and to remember that no amount is to small. Every little bit helps. I am living month to month, and without the support I have received I would not still be living in my home. It is still amazing (and sickening) to me how much all of my treatments are costing. A continuing big “THANK YOU” to all who have shared their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. Your time and gifts are, as always, greatly appreciated and needed. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek And read my blog at: riksjourney.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment