Friday, May 27, 2016

Weekend Update - 5/27/16

This week I was reminded (again) that I am not a doctor. *Please note that I am officially throwing my MD degree in the trash. My “new normal” will, for now, include stepped up testing with a possibility of having a “colon blow III” procedure if warranted. Rest assured I am doing all in my power to make very sure that this is not the case. The current “issue” on the front burner are the side effects of radiation colitis. After seeing the doctor this week I was reminded (again) that I just might want to shut up and follow directions. Blood in the stool, etc is not to be taken lightly. More blood tests and doctor/nurse appointments with possibly another visit to the hospital. Move over thyroid there is a new sheriff in town. It does feel good to be somewhat “free” and I am on a mission to make the most out of the time I have been blessed with. In other words I am doing my best to enjoy the gifts I have and to laugh as much as possible. I got some more bills and I am laughing my ass off. I am also being mature and responsible, which while a little boring, is a lot better than feeling crazy, irresponsible and an depressed. Here’s to doing the right thing and telling my illnesses to get lost. Did you note what clean language I just used. It is good to be able to look forward with positive expectations. I am extremely humbled by the love and support I have received. Thank you. Once again … in closing, the reality of my financial situation continues to be what it is…. not good. I am asking all to give what you can and to remember that no amount is to small. Every little bit helps. I am living month to month, and without the support I have received I would not still be living in my home. It is still amazing (and sickening) to me how much all of my treatments are costing. A continuing big “THANK YOU” to all who have shared their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. Your time and gifts are, as always, greatly appreciated and needed. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek

No comments:

Post a Comment