Friday, October 30, 2015

Weekend Update - 10/30/15

Life does indeed go on for me. Good news this week. I will not have to see my oncologist for another 6 months. Blood work/scans all good. There is a colonoscopy in my near future. Also my viral load is now very very low and the medication appears to be working. Only 4 1/2 weeks to go on this medication. For the results so far I will continue to deal with my “poo poo” undies and the fatigue. Lots of labs to go and months of followup, but my dream of only going to the doctor/hospital every three months just might become a reality in this coming year. The rollercoaster of emotions continues. Most days are good and writing is helping. As the holidays are fast approaching (some might say they are already upon us) and considering that last year, at this time, my cancer diagnosis strongly indicated I would not be alive for the next holiday season, I am grateful just to be here. And I am grateful to all of those who gave of their time, resources and spirit so that I am able to be here now writing this. Thank you is not enough. All I can say and do is to let you know that you are much loved and appreciated. I am in your debt and I will pass on as much as I am able the gifts you have given to me. In the upcoming weeks is the anniversary of my surgery. I consider this my second birthday. So being the almost one year old I am I will do my happy dance on 11/21/15. Wherever you may be I am inviting all of you to do a little happy dance with me on that day. On another note, and in closing, the reality of my financial situation is what it is…. not good. I am asking all to give what you can and remember that no amount is to small. Every little bit helps. I am living month to month, and without the support I have received I would not still be living in my home. Please read and share my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment