Friday, November 6, 2015

Weekend Update - 11/6/15

One of the sayings I have been least fond of is “more will be revealed”. I am tired and I am reminded, once again, that those who practice medicine - the doctors and other healthcare practitioners - are “practicing”. This is one of those times where patience is the virtue I am in most need of. Also to be reminded - again - I do not know what is going to happen. I am very grateful I have people in my life that continue to teach me how to be a better human being. Their gifts of time and resources shared with me along with the sharing of their ongoing “trials and tribulations” and the normal day to day “stuff” give me one of the greatest gifts I have ever received. Said gift being the gift of perspective. This gift has allowed me to look up and see the world, to live actively in it, and not be so self-consumed I become a miserable human being. And I am able to begin to see the gifts I have to offer the world and act on them. The resulting feeling of gratitude is a very good thing. In a few weeks is the anniversary of my surgery. I consider this my second birthday. So, being almost one year old, I plan to do my happy dance on 11/21/15. Wherever you may be I am inviting all of you to do a little happy dance at some point during that day. On another note, and in closing, the reality of my financial situation is what it is…. not good. I am asking all to give what you can and remember that no amount is to small. Every little bit helps. I am living month to month, and without the support I have received I would not still be living in my home. Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek

No comments:

Post a Comment