Tuesday, October 20, 2015

And now for a special announcement = 10/20/15

One year ago today I received a terminal diagnosis from my doctor that would severely impact my life. The news being that my prostate cancer had spread into my bladder and said cancer was “on the move” and of a very aggressive type. The million dollar question was what to do now. I had previously been told by my previous doctor there was nothing much anyone could do and all he could do was to put me on hormone therapy. I later found out this doctor’s treatment was horse crap … as said treatment would be like trying to put hot butter up a wildcats ass. In other words this treatment would not do anything other than cost me money until I died. Of course it would also make him a steady stream of income until I died. My new doctor told me he did not believe in doing nothing and proposed a radical surgery which would remove my prostate, bladder, testicles and assorted lymph nodes etc. This would be followed by radiation treatments and I would also end up with a urostomy. This procedure may not “cure” me but would at least buy me some time. The choice of me doing nothing would result in my death .. and my death would not be long in coming. I chose to have the surgery, which is the only reason I am able to write this now. Being told you have terminal cancer was not what I had planned for that day. Being alive and writing this far exceeds any hopes I had upon learning about my cancer diagnosis. For the full story please read my blog. My lesson for today is “I do not know what is going to happen”. So on this, my “cancer anniversary”, I would like to give another round of “THANKS” to all who have walked with me this past year. Much love to all for all of your support and patience…. and love. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME!!! My financial reality sucks, so once again I am asking for everyones continued support. Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek And read my blog at: riksjourney.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment