Tuesday, October 20, 2015

added update from 10/17

Weekend Update - 10/17/15

My treatments continue and the world continues to spin. My revelation this week has been “Once a social worker always a social worker”. I have been able to support a friend who has begun chemo and radiation treatments. As people were there for me I am now able to be there for someone else. This has been the highpoint of my week. It feels real good to be of service. My life continues and my writing continues. 
There is a beginning of a purpose for my life to come. I have come to the realization that the powers that be are not done with me yet so I need to get off my rear and “get busy”. 
While my life is impacted by my physical disability and there are added limitations due my cancer journey, there are a few things I can do to be of service to others. It is good to have healed enough to begin to discover the options I do have. It is good to be of use and not view myself as just a burden. 
I do have bad days but also good ones. I am finally able to show up and be an active participant in life. 
To borrow a phrase, “just for today” I will do my best to live and not just survive.
My continued thanks to all who are walking with me. Your gifts of time and resources are much needed and appreciated. 
The financial reality is also once again asking for everyones continued support so please read and share my story.



No comments:

Post a Comment