Saturday, August 8, 2015

Update - 8/8/15

Another week of waiting for results of my blood work and ultrasound. And there is some news. I found out I have the hepatitis C virus which is (hopefully) the main and only culprit in my liver “problems”. Hep C is treatable as far as I know. I am very grateful for this. Of course with the treatment come more medical bills. I was really hoping to get to a point where “new” bills would stop, at least for a little while.
I am waiting on the hematologist office to call with my appointment time. I am hoping to hear from them by Monday and have an appointment set for next week. 
I can tell you the fatigue is intense and I am drinking a lot of water due to cotton mouth. I am tired. My eyesight has also changed where new glasses are definitely in order. 
*Please note: there is also a part of me jumping up and down for joy due to the fact that this has not been diagnosed as cancer at this time. 
I will not find out everything until I meet with the doctor and in all likelihood have more tests done. At this point I am dealing with this latest development as an “inconvenience”. And an inconvenience it is.
As always I was trying to wait until I had something more definitive to report. But as a friend reminded me today, I need to share what is going on to allow people to walk with me and not try to walk with this alone. This seems to be something I need to keep working on.  
So my journey continues and my thoughts and prayers go out to all. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment