Friday, August 14, 2015

Update - 8/14/15 

New news. I have an appointment with the hematologist on Monday the 31st. I see my endocrinologist this coming Wednesday. Now I wait for more answers once again. 
In the meantime .... my eyesight has worsened over the past 3 weeks, quite radically according to the eye doctor, but the good news is my eyes look good (except for a little cataract) and new glasses will solve this. I had just ordered new glasses this past February .... nothing like getting older.  
My fatigue continues and as this and my eye issues are the most inconvenient problems at this point in time, I am extremely grateful that cancer is not, at present, the “issue”.
And now for a note of gratitude to all those who have and are giving me the gifts of time, patience and listening as I verbalize my way through each day. I do hope to return to a time where cancer/illness are not the primary topics of conversation. 
I must thank, again, the friends/family who have told me what I need to hear in a most loving, caring and direct way. In short, thank you for pulling my head out of my you know what by reminding me I do not know how my story ends. 
Lately there have been times when I have been overwhelmed, afraid, depressed and profoundly sad. This too is part of my journey. The “unknown” regarding my medical status combined with the bills and future bills, which just keep rolling in, are making my future not look to good to me. 
In spite of all of this, I do believe I will be around a lot longer. I do hope to be able to remain in my home of the past 15 years. Once again I am reminded I do not know what is going to happen. More will be revealed. 
I wish to thank all those who have given of their time and resources which have allowed me to remain “sane” and continue to live in my home.

I ask you all to share my story.   

No comments:

Post a Comment