Monday, August 31, 2015

And the journey continues……..8/31/15

I had a doctor visit this morning and the news was good. While I do have hepatitis C, the hope is my blood work will show I can be treated with the new drug therapy now available. This new treatment is less time-consuming and comes with minimal side-affects.
*Of course there will be another MRI/scan done to confirm the condition of my liver and to hopefully show that “nothing else” is going on in my body prior to actually treating the hepatitis C. Always have to look out for the cancer…. 
On the diabetes front I am still in the process of learning how to help control my diabetes thru diet and exercise. The big learning curve for me is discovering what to eat (and when) in order to control my sugar levels. My sugar levels have come way down and are now below 300. I cannot wait until my levels are below 200 or lower (actually back into the “normal” range). To say I feel a little better is an understatement.
As to “how I feel” about all of this……….. 
I am relieved my health issues appear to be leveling out. All of this, while serious, is not a big deal compared to the cancer. Needless to say, but say it I must, I do hope nothing else health wise shows up. I have had enough and need a break as well as no new bills.
At times I am stressed out and depressed. Not so much about the medical issues/cancer, although it would be nice to not have to have tests/scans looking for cancer for a while. I am primarily concerned with my finances and whether or not I will be able to remain in my home.
People have shared with me that “things will work out”. There is that part of me which has made peace with the “cancer”, but there is another part of me which is very concerned with what this disease has and is costing me as I continue to be a survivor. I will not say more at this time.
Sometimes I am just not able to talk about rainbows and sing “Zippity-Do-Dah” it’s a wonderful day.
Other times I am at peace and can really laugh at life and all of it’s absurdities. As I have said before, with out humor what do we have.
On this note, I end this update. 
I ask everyone to please share this. Hopefully it will be of service to someone out there. Once again please see below…..
To help please go to:


No comments:

Post a Comment