Friday, July 8, 2016

Weekend Update - 7/8/16

I have been searching for ways to make my life more meaningful. This week has revealed a couple of ways my life is becoming more meaningful. The first revelation has been that helping others is good. The revelation for me was that I can be of help to others. I have to show up as much as possible and by doing so I am finding I have, in some small ways, been of assistance to others. My second revelation has been that even the picking up of one piece of trash can make a difference in peoples lives. The conversations I have had, and am having, with people continue to reveal to me how much in life we all take for granted, how much we accept trash and ugliness in the world because we choose to accept “that’s just the way it is” and/or “someone else will do that” and the sad realization that I/we are so depressed that we feel we do not deserve anything clean or “nice” and that “it just does not matter”. I might not be able to do much or do anything often but I can use the time I have in as positive a way as I can. My thanks to the folks in the prostate cancer support group. The gifts of information, support and perspective are much appreciated. Of course the added reminder that we do not do this alone and are not alone is also invaluable. Sometimes all I can do is laugh at the medical bills. This is one of those times………………………. Once again … in closing, the reality of my financial situation continues to be what it is…. not good. I am asking all to give what you can and to remember that no amount is to small. Every little bit helps. I am living month to month, and without the support I have received I would not still be living in my home. It is still amazing (and sickening) to me how much all of my treatments are costing. A continuing big “THANK YOU” to all who have shared their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. Your time and gifts are, as always, greatly appreciated and needed. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek And read my blog at: riksjourney.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment