Friday, July 15, 2016

Weekend Update - 7/15/16

I continue to try to focus on what I am able to do. While my physical world has gotten smaller I am finding my spiritual world is slowly growing. I am reminded of all my ancestors have achieved. Their triumphs in the face of adversity I cannot begin to comprehend. The grace they displayed in life and my sadness that I am only now coming to acknowledge and appreciate. I remember my mother and father and look back at their battles with cancer. Their strength, courage and perseverance in living with their disease and the grace in which they left this life (in spite of it) are giving me the added courage, strength and perseverance to continue to live mine. I have been blessed to live in the age where survival from this disease is so much more common. I have been blessed to be one of those who has survived. I can only try my best to honor them in how well I live this “extra” life I have been given. My perspective has broadened which is good. Back in the physical world … this week has been more of the same. My body is now a science project. The outcome is steady, with a little dash of the unknown and more will be revealed thrown in for good measure. My love to you all. Once again … in closing, the reality of my financial situation continues to be what it is…. not good. I am asking all to give what you can and to remember that no amount is to small. Every little bit helps. I am living month to month, and without the support I have received I would not still be living in my home. It is still amazing (and sickening) to me how much all of my treatments are costing. A continuing big “THANK YOU” to all who have shared their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. Your time and gifts are, as always, greatly appreciated and needed. I so look forward to the day when I do not need to ask for assistance. This continues to be a very humbling experience. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek And read my blog at: riksjourney.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment