Friday, July 1, 2016

Weekend Update - 7/1/16

Life goes on and I am trying my best to move along with it. I am struggling with my limitations (old and new) as I attempt to live my life as I once was able. I was, once again, reminded this week of why I was put on disability years ago before my journey with cancer was even a thought. I am grateful for the encouragement I continue to receive to live the best possible life I can live. I must also say, especially to myself, that there are some changes which have occurred and I need to respect the limitations I have so I do not turn them into even more limitations. I will use the spoon theory a friend of mine shared with me awhile ago. I wake up in the morning and I start the day with ten spoons. My process of waking up and getting out of bed uses up three spoons as I have some minor paralysis issues in the morning. I am now out of bed. Cleaning me up for the day and making breakfast uses one spoon. Most mornings I am able to go for a walk and do some light physical exercises which uses up 3 spoons. I then make lunch, rest a bit and do house keeping chores as I can which consumes 2 spoons. Please note that I no longer take doing the laundry, cleaning the kitchen/bathroom/house for granted. I am extremely grateful for the ability to still be able to do the chores I can. I am writing a bit and sharing my opinion(s) with friends and the world which is a freebee in my day. I will try to walk a bit and again do some very light exercises which uses up another spoon or so. I then fix some dinner and clean up the house as I can. Another spoon used. Some relaxing and off to bed I go. A freebee for me. As you have probably noticed I have used more than ten spoons. I make adjustments daily and some days I have an extra spoon or so and other days I begin wth only eight spoons. This is especially so when I attempt to do “extra” activities. The reality of doing those extra activities is vital to me in order to maintain some level of sanity. I must respect the spoons. I must also add that I will never take going to the bathroom as I choose for granted again. Also, I will never look at being able to walk up or down a flight of steps or walk on uneven ground without falling for granted again. Please know that I am doing all in my power to live as fully as I can. This extra time I have been given is a gift and I will continue to treat it as such. I get by with a little, and sometimes a lot of, help from my friends. As usual more doctors and some blood work that isn’t quite right but all is well. Once again … in closing, the reality of my financial situation continues to be what it is…. not good. I am asking all to give what you can and to remember that no amount is to small. Every little bit helps. I am living month to month, and without the support I have received I would not still be living in my home. It is still amazing (and sickening) to me how much all of my treatments are costing. A continuing big “THANK YOU” to all who have shared their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. Your time and gifts are, as always, greatly appreciated and needed. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek

No comments:

Post a Comment