Friday, February 5, 2016

Weekend Update - 2/5/16

This has been one of those weeks where I have been almost continually reminded of sick. I was talking with a good friend this week about “being sick”. She is also a member of the “Living with Cancer Club”. We were both ruminating on how our lives have been and are continually affected by our cancer diagnosis, treatment, the after effects of said treatment as well as the treatments for the aftereffects of these treatments. This has been a week of not being able to do most of the activities I have been trying to re-engage in. It has been a week of reflecting of just how fortunate I have been in my recovery while at the same time grieving the loss of being able to do even some simple things. I can say this. I will never take for granted the ability to just “go to the bathroom” again. This is something I am now re-training myself to do. I am also learning to set aside my pride and use the “tools” necessary which will assist me in this process. To say any more I feel would simply be to much information. Moving on……. One of my current goals is to be able to go on vacation. Vacationing not on the south coast of France or in Key West, New Mexico, Oregon, California or even at the Georgia Aquarium for a day. I would simply like to not have to go to the hospital or see a doctor for two weeks. I figure two weeks is, hopefully, long enough to not be reminded of the reality of my current physical condition. I would like to go for a walk in the park, see my friends and simply exist for a little while not having to plan my life around my medical issues. And even though I said earlier I wouldn’t say it … I would just like to be able to go to the bathroom in a somewhat regular manner. So on I go … and as a friend always says …. “living the dream”. I do realize I am doing very well, for me, at the moment but sometimes I need to vent. This stuff gets old and tiresome. And right now I feel old and tired … and a little sore. Yes, I said it (hey hey hey). Laughter is good and to quote one of my favorite movies …. “Without humor, what do we have”. This part of my journey will not be over until they do the next procedure in late March. My big scans are in about a month and ongoing medical trips remain a necessity at this time. I do thank my friends for reminding me I am not alone and I do not know the outcome of this particular story. Much love to you all. Once again … in closing, the reality of my financial situation continues to be what it is…. not good. I am asking all to give what you can and to remember that no amount is to small. Every little bit helps. I am living month to month, and without the support I have received I would not still be living in my home. A big “THANK YOU” to all who have shared their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. Your time and gifts are, as always, greatly appreciated and needed. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek

No comments:

Post a Comment