Friday, January 29, 2016

Weekend Update - 1/29/16

Some very good news this week. I had my colonoscopy and all was clear except for “radiation proctitis”. All I choose to say about this is please “google it” for more information. Due to this “radiation proctitis” there was some treatment done during this procedure and I am set up for further treatment of this condition in late March. Oh joy …. another colon cleanse. As many of you know the preparation is worse than the actual procedure. My big scans are in about a month so life goes on. I must also say, again, how astounded I am at the length of time in the billing cycles. From the time a “visit/procedure” to the time I receive the bill you can have the full term birth of a child and almost celebrate the baby’s first birthday. I am trying to be positive and I am focusing on the things I can still do. However, the reality of the changes in and the loss of some bodily functions, as well as in some of my daily activities, does weigh heavily at times. In spite of these changes I am grateful to be able to laugh at life, the people in it and, most of all, to laugh at myself as I continue to learn to live this “extra-time” life I have been given. I do know my creditors are also grateful I am still here to pay them. That old saying of there are only two things certain in life - death and taxes - - - well I am very very happy I can pay taxes again this year and hopefully for many years to come. I am looking forward to sharing my experience, strength and hope with other cancer patients. I am, once again, practicing social work and doing a little something to give back what has been so freely shared with me. And a special thank you for those that helped me laugh this past weekend. Once again … in closing, the reality of my financial situation continues to be what it is…. not good. I am asking all to give what you can and to remember that no amount is to small. Every little bit helps. I am living month to month, and without the support I have received I would not still be living in my home. A big “THANK YOU” to all who have shared their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek

No comments:

Post a Comment