Sunday, December 20, 2015

Weekend Update - 12/20/15

A very Happy Holidays to all. For me this is a season of remembering, gratitude and of a reckoning. The remembering, in hearing the stories of where I have been this past year…especially where I was one year ago at this time. Hearing the stories of how I looked and my “mental status”, I marvel at just how out of touch with reality I was. And I am thankful I do not remember much of this period of time. The pieces that do “flash” before me are a sobering reminder of just how sick I was. The gratitude is for all of those who gave of their time and resources walking with me during this time. They say there are layers of the onion and I am finding new layers of just how thankful I am for the love shown me. I cannot say this enough. I remain profoundly grateful to the human beings who shared my journey this past 14+ months. My hope is I can give back that which has been so freely shared with me in the coming months/years. I am once again becoming an active social worker in my volunteer work. A reckoning in coming to terms with my faith and what I do believe in and following through with action on my beliefs. A part of this is showing up to where I am called and the peace I am finding in doing so. I am also finding just how “grey” this part of my life is at this time. One “size” does not fit me and I am becoming more at peace within myself and subsequently with the world around me. Live long and prosper, Mikakuye Oyasin, peace be unto you, namaste and may the force be with you. May you find peace within yourself and walk in harmony with the world. As for my day to day affairs…. more doctors… and if it was possible to give more blood I would be donor on a vampire series. More will be revealed, but things look OK for now. And in closing, the reality of my financial situation continues to be what it is…. not good. I am asking all to give what you can and to remember that no amount is to small. Every little bit helps. I am living month to month, and without the support I have received I would not still be living in my home. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek And read my blog at: riksjourney.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment