Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Holiday Update - 12/8/15

“The 12 Gifts of Cancer” - The Holiday Edition The following is a homage to my cancer and for the great gifts it bestowed upon me this past year. Last year, around this time, I was back, for the second time, in the emergency room following my cancer surgery. Oh the memories from this past year. A urostomy for me. 2. No more testicles for me. 3. No more “urge incontinence” …. and no more bladder for me. 4. A prostate gland no more … where it all began. 5. 43 lymph nodes disappear. 6. Radiation and the everlasting radiation colitis. Nasty. 7. Two-thirds of my thyroid gland removed, with a teeny tiny bit of cancer still to go. 8. Crippling debt. 9. Discovering whole new levels of friendship and family and finding out I am wanted, needed, expected and loved. 10. Experiencing a new level of the meaning of perseverance. 11. Finding out my losses were the source of my greatest gains in how positive I now view the world and the human beings in it. 12. I am grateful for what I have, acknowledging I have the ability to be a more positive force in the world and to be at peace with myself. I am very aware of just how fortunate I am to have the family and friends I have as part of my life. I am extremely grateful for the gifts I have received. Thank you. And the old saying is true. Once a social worker, always a social worker. Volunteering to assist other cancer patients and it feels so good. As the holidays are here, I ask all who would like to give to please donate as my greatest need continues to be paying my bills. And in closing, the reality of my financial situation is what it is…. not good. I am asking all to give what you can and remember that no amount is to small. Every little bit helps. I am living month to month, and without the support I have received I would not still be living in my home. **Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely. Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek And read my blog at: riksjourney.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment