Thursday, December 31, 2015

A New Year - almost....

An End Of Year / Holiday Update - 12/31/15 What a year it has been. I am grateful to be able to see this year out still alive, being ambulatory and being of relatively sound mental status. My New Year’s “resolutions” for 2016 are to: *Be here at this time next year and to be at least as healthy as I am now. *To still be in remission from the cancer they cut out and radiate. *To not have any more problems with the thyroid cancer. *To be Hep C free. *To have, at most, minimal physical “issues”. *To be securely living in my current home. *To maintain and deepen the friendships with those who have and will be sharing my journey. *To continue to be able to give back to others the gifts of time, experience, strength and hope which have, and are, being so freely shared with me. *And lastly, to do those things which will make the list above a reality. It has been good to be reminded of the importance of having other human beings be an active part of your life. I have been able to spend some good quality time with an old friend and his family this past few days. I was reminded of how important it is for me to be an active participant in life. Living an “active life” this past few days has served to distract me from my day to day “routine” and the ongoing physical issues I must deal with. It sounds so simple but it has taken me some moments to be reminded of this. My doctor/nurse/lab appointments continue. Life … continues. I am grateful for every moment. I will even be grateful as I have my colonoscopy. Once again … in closing, the reality of my financial situation continues to be what it is…. not good. I am asking all to give what you can and to remember that no amount is to small. Every little bit helps. I am living month to month, and without the support I have received I would not still be living in my home. A big “THANK YOU” to all who have shared their experience, strength, hope, time and resources over this past year. I don’t remember about 2 and 1/2 months of it but folks have told me I was there and I was a lotta fun to be around. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek And read my blog at: riksjourney.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment