Friday, October 14, 2016

Weekend Update - 10/14/16

I saw my surgeon yesterday at my followup appointment and everything is absolutely fabulous. Everything was benign as well as removed from my body. No more “things” growing in my body and no more surgeries for, hopefully, ever. More doctor visits to come but these are all routine upkeep visits. I am still wrapping my mind around the fact I have come to this part of my journey. There are challenges ahead and the fatigue continues but this should work itself out over the next couple of months as my medications are adjusted. I continue to make myself get up and go outside, and along with eating right, these are the best therapies I feel I can do for me. I must add that one of the other great therapies for me is talking about what is going on with me and … wait for it … how I am feeling. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Seriously, I am so grateful for all of you who have, and continue to, listen to me as I babble on. I have said this before and must say it again…I would not be here without you. On another note, the bills (or initial statements), have begun to arrive. All I can do is smile and keep putting one foot in front of the other. I also encourage all of you to take great care of yourselves so you can stay the hell out of hospital because, I believe, you do not want to receive the bill (5 figures) I just got in the mail. Please note that this is only the first one of many connected to my latest hospital stay. Due to my latest surgery and resultant trips to the doctors/labs things are stretched more than ever at this time so I am asking all to please share my story once again emphasizing that no amount is too small and that $10.00 - $20.00 is better than $0 dollars. A continuing big “THANK YOU” to all who have and continue to share their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. Your time and gifts are, as always, greatly appreciated and needed. I so look forward to the day when I do not need to ask for assistance. This continues to be a very humbling experience. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek And read my blog at: riksjourney.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment