Friday, August 26, 2016

Weekend Update - 8/26/16

To live in a state of denial is, at times, a very comfortable place to be. This sums up my last week. I saw a couple of doctors and had some more blood work done. The blood work was great except for the thyroid. I am due to see the doctor who saved my life and the ENT doctor this week. I hope to receive more information and direction at that time. I must thank one of my doctors for thoroughly reviewing both her notes and the notes of my other doctors with me. It was a reality check for me in the sense of making me stop and own where I am in my treatment process. Suffice it to say there was no denial going on at the end of that doctor visit. However I am now comfortably ensconced in denial once more. I am looking forward to the upcoming cancer support group meeting. I continue to do my best in taking care of myself. I have done well this week. The gift of perception has also been prevalent this week. I am glad I had to visit the hospital several times this week. It was very good for me to get out to see and talk with other patients. I am going to add this. I do feel the insanity of the high cost of medications. This is really getting out of control. Things are still stretched more than ever at this time so I am asking all to please share my story once again emphasizing that no amount is too small and that $10.00 - $20.00 is better than $0 dollars. Every little bit helps. I am living month to month, and without the support I have received I would not still be living in my home. A continuing big “THANK YOU” to all who have shared their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. Your time and gifts are, as always, greatly appreciated and needed. I so look forward to the day when I do not need to ask for assistance. This continues to be a very humbling experience. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek

No comments:

Post a Comment