Friday, November 18, 2016

Weekend Update - 11/18/16

This coming Monday the 21st is the second anniversary of my big cancer surgery. This is the surgery where they removed my prostate, testicles, bladder, 43 lymph nodes and I received the gift of my urostomy. This surgery, along with the followup radiation treatments etc, saved my life. I will be forever grateful to Dr. A for not believing in “no win scenarios”. At this moment the above events are almost surreal to me. The fact that I am still here two years on is … I am not sure at this time how to describe it at this time. Doctor appointments continue to be ongoing. Hopefully these will continue to be the bearers of good news. They are now concerned about some blood in my stool. This most likely is a continuation of the radiation proctitis. More will be revealed. A part of me is so very tired of having to deal with all of this. “This” being the ongoing medical appointments/procedures, the physical/mental aspects of dealing with all of this and how my life has changed and continues to be impacted by my terminal cancer diagnosis. I continue to live with my “new normal”. New bills continue to arrive and I am trying to do the next right thing. The most mature and responsible thing I can do right now is to continue to check my pride and ego and continue to ask for the help I need. Due to my latest surgery and resultant trips to the doctors/labs things are stretched more than ever at this time so I am asking all to please share my story once again emphasizing that no amount is too small and that $10.00 - $20.00 is better than $0 dollars. A continuing big “THANK YOU” to all who have and continue to share their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. Your time and gifts are, as always, greatly appreciated and needed. I so look forward to the day when I do not need to ask for assistance. This continues to become much more of a humbling experience. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek And read my blog at: riksjourney.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment