Friday, November 11, 2016

Weekend Update - 11/11/16

This week a good friend reminded me through casual conversation as to how deeply my cancer diagnosis and my journey thus far has affected him. Under the heading of things you think you know but don’t……… How my cancer journey has affected the people in my life and how clueless I have been to this fact even though I have been so aware of this and thought I “knew” about this. This has been a time for me to pause and acknowledge to you and reiterate to myself that I am not alone, I am loved and my life on this planet is far from over. This week has been very humbling for me. Other positive notes are my blood work continues to look OK but with another change in my thyroid medication. More will be revealed. The fatigue continues along with my other normal issues. I am spending extra time talking myself into leaving the house and eating and doing the most mature and responsible things I can. And while I would like to live in a bubble, I do not. In talking with some other cancer patients I have to agree that the events of this past week have caused me to be the most depressed since the day I was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I am so grateful for my friends and family. You continue to provide me shelter and a reality check against the dark thoughts I have and times we live in. I hope at least in some small way I am able to provide some degree of comfort and grace to you. *** Please note that financially times are extra tight for me right now so… Due to my latest surgery and resultant trips to the doctors/labs things are stretched more than ever at this time so I am asking all to please share my story once again emphasizing that no amount is too small and that $10.00 - $20.00 is better than $0 dollars. A continuing big “THANK YOU” to all who have and continue to share their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. Your time and gifts are, as always, greatly appreciated and needed. I so look forward to the day when I do not need to ask for assistance. This continues to be a very humbling experience. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek And read my blog at: riksjourney.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment