Friday, September 11, 2015

Update - 9/11/15

Another week of doctor appointments and an MRI of my abdomen and pelvis. Good news on the liver scan as there is no evidence of cirrhosis. The doctor is asking for approval for treatment which will begin as soon as said approval is granted….hopefully.  
My blood sugar levels continue to improve and I must note that I never thought I would eat this healthy in my life. There is still much for me to learn about living with diabetes. Also found out it is type 2 diabetes. My thanks to those who have shared their experience, strength and hope regarding “living with diabetes”. This is very much appreciated.  
The doctor also has started me on thyroid medication as this will help inhibit the growth of the thyroid cancer. My voice continues to sound like Harry Belafonte. I declined, at this time, going to an ear/nose/throat doctor to further evaluate the condition of my throat/voice changes due to the thyroid surgery. I am seeing enough doctors for now.
As to how I am doing….. I am OK. My energy levels continue to improve and I must say exercise is good. I am able to walk without falling down as my stability has greatly improved. Humor is good and I am grateful to be able to laugh at life and some of the people in it (including myself).
My continued thanks to all who are walking with me. Your gifts of time and resources are much needed and appreciated. 

The financial reality is also once again asking for everyones continued support so please read and share my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment