Friday, June 17, 2016

Weekend Update - 6/17/16

Good news! There is really no new news! Life goes on. I continue to breath in and out, walk regularly, eat healthily (95% of the time) and do my best to follow doctors orders. Medications …. taking the ones that matter as directed. I am now going to a cancer support group, volunteering and have decided on my “special” project. Said project being picking up litter as I walk in the parks and on the beltline. Of course there will be recycling along with the trash removal. What has spurred this project is the need to do something meaningful with the extra life I have been gifted. And looking at the amount of trash I see as I walk is disgusting at times. I believe the world would be a better place if folks would stop and pick up even a single piece of litter as they frolic in the parks and on the beltline as well as anywhere else they are. This is something I feel I am capable of doing even given my physical limitations. It is good to begin to feel I am contributing something positive in the world. More doctors appointments next week with hopefully no news of concern. Once again … in closing, the reality of my financial situation continues to be what it is…. not good. I am asking all to give what you can and to remember that no amount is to small. Every little bit helps. I am living month to month, and without the support I have received I would not still be living in my home. It is still amazing (and sickening) to me how much all of my treatments are costing. A continuing big “THANK YOU” to all who have shared their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. Your time and gifts are, as always, greatly appreciated and needed. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek And read my blog at: riksjourney.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment