Friday, March 11, 2016

Weekend Update - 3/11/16

This is one of those weeks where things are OK and I am sick. Please note this is the first time I have gotten sick (flu/allergies/bad cold) since my major cancer surgery in November of 2014. I figure I was way overdue to be “sick” given how many times I have been to the hospital and doctors in this time period. As the great results of my last scans sink into my brain I once again am confronting … me. I found out I still had a few reservations about “how things might turn out. As a consequence I was not doing my best but doing “enough’ until the other shoe dropped. Denial is not just a river in Egypt. Well the “other shoe” has not dropped and quite a few reservations have been cancelled. I am learning more and more each day about me. To quote…”Knowledge Is Good”. Good for me in the sense that I now find myself taking better care of me and doing this in the context of the “long term”. I ain’t going anywheres just yet. Quite a few brain cells appear to have woken up. I am finding it hard to concentrate and make any sense to myself at this time so this missive will be very very short. Like ending now….short. Hope to be back on track next week. I do have my flexible sigmoidoscopy ti look forward to in the coming weeks. Happy happy joy joy. A note for the men out there …….. please please please go get your prostate checked out. Once again … in closing, the reality of my financial situation continues to be what it is…. not good. I am asking all to give what you can and to remember that no amount is to small. Every little bit helps. I am living month to month, and without the support I have received I would not still be living in my home. It is still amazing to me how much all of my treatments are costing. A big “THANK YOU” to all who have shared their experience, strength, hope, time and resources. Your time and gifts are, as always, greatly appreciated and needed. ***Please note that the 12/3/15 post in my blog is one which I encourage you to share freely.*** Please read and share my story. www.gofundme.com/j55wek And read my blog at: riksjourney.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment