Monday, July 20, 2015

Just a note to mention the added stress of dealing with the bills associated with my illness. It is astounding to me how much the right hand does not know, or appear to care, what the left hand is doing.
One conversation of note today....regarding mounting medical bills. 
A conversation with a bill collector who called about a group of bills dating from February of this year for which I have not received any information. I was also informed at this time I would be receiving a letter in a few days time regarding this group of bills which would let me know what exactly these bills are in regard to. 
So, I have a group of bills (which I am unaware of) already in collection and am being informed of this in a phone call. I had to laugh to keep from crying. Below is a small sampling of this insanity. The following begins midway in this conversation.

Me:   Could you please e-mail this information to me?
Bill Collector:   No, we can’t do that.

Me:    Why not? 

Bill Collector:    We do not have the ability to communicate with you        or handle your account on-line thru e-mail or for you        to pay this account on-line.
And later in this same conversation.....
Bill Collector:   Would you like to give us your e-mail address?

Me:   I thought you said my e-mail address would not be of any help           to you?

NOTE: I never got an answer to this. 


I am very aware this happens to many others and all I can do is pray for everyone and do the next right thing regarding this situation. I am so grateful for my friends who are walking with me. I could not do this alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment